Friday, January 3, 2014

New Years Resolutions!!!

Hello there!

I really love New Years Resolutions because it makes me look back at what I've learned over the past year or so and really set new goals for myself to better my future, something I should probably do more often than the beginning of each year.

1) Dress nicer

I've been completely inspired by the Carrie Diaries and I don't "bum it" now, I dress average. But I really want to start dressing up more, skirts and other fancy things, I love doing it and it gains more respect. Important as I'm coming close to adulthood.

2) Redecorate my room more



Last year I sold every piece of furniture in my room and bought all new ones but there's not many personal things up so I'll definitely be adding more this year


3) Figure out life (well, more at least)


Guess every teenager wants to do this but every year I feel like I know so much more and I love the feeling, like I'm preparing myself for life ahead and it usually all comes in handy. I just hope to have the same feeling in this year to come although I have a premonition of confusion in 2014. 


4) Focus on music



It's my shining light and everything that I am. I want to try and find as much happiness as possible in my life and music is my best place to find it.


5) Write more


Writing is my favorite thing in the world, I write on here and in personal journals and songs, notebooks are my staple. It's my absolute favorite form of expression and in the coming year I hope to do more writing and less Netflix. 

6) Be myself more



I was pushed around so often in my younger years that I was convinced being myself was close to the worst thing possible. But it's actually one of the best things in the world and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

7) Eat cleaner


I know the most common resolution is to lose weight and mine was last year and now 10 lbs lighter I don't feel the need to do so anymore. However I've watched many go through sicknesses and I'm adamant to try and prevent any of my own. I want to be like the 95 year old man I saw this fall playing golf and going out without any assistance.

8) Travel more



Even if it's just into the city, I feel like I stick around my small town so much. Need to see more, experience more :)

9) Complain less


A large wast of time and a damper on life

10) Put myself out there



A year ago if someone told me to put myself out there I probably would have looked like this amazing cat. But this year I'm ready to try new fashion trends, eat scary foods, travel to unknown places, speak up more often. I just want to push myself out of my comfort zone as often as possible. 

I'm honestly bursting with excitement at the unknown year to come. Things can only get better and I'm excited to try and actually do things for once. I may not stick to all 10 of these daring resolutions but I'm insistent on fulfilling at least half because I know that they will only bring happiness. 

I also want to remember to try and reflect more this year and set goals like these as often as I remember to, maybe monthly? I think I work a lot harder when I have a goal/resolution in mind and life's just better when I do them more often. 

Have a Wonderfully Fulfilling Day!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment