Thursday, January 2, 2014

December Favorites!

Hello there!

Just want to say a big HAPPY NEW YEAR, the time zones are pretty lost on me so it's probably the 2nd in most parts so happy (late) new year... better late than never, right?

So even though I've been fairly absent over the past 2 weeks, I've still managed to find some new loves, enjoy!

Nail Color: Essie's Bikini So Teeny


I know it's not the typical Christmas color but I feel like red nail colors can clash with outfits so I tend to veer away from them. This color has matched nicely with everything I can find and it's a lot more interesting than a white or black.

Hair Product: Redken Curvaceous Ringlet - Anti Frizz Lotion


I was skeptical when my hair dresser recommended this but I've fallen in love. This cream defines my curls and reduces frizz so well. As long as I put it in a fishtail braid over night, I wake up with as close as I've ever gotten to perfect curls, even with all the bleach damage. This is a huge improvement over my last curl defining product. 

Smell: Bath and Body Works Holiday Collection

They had so many sales this month!

So I've gotten the:
Vanilla Bean Noel Body Mist
Winter Candy Apple Body Mist
Cranberry Twinkle Body Cream
Merry Marshmallow Body Cream

All for about $18 which, if you've ever been to this store, you know is so little for 4 full sized products. Alone one normally costs $14, so I'm very proud of my sale skills here and they all smell like heaven!

Makeup: Natural Look

This month I don't know why but I've favored much less foundation and simple eyeliner (thin, unwinged). Occasionally leaving my house with simply concealer, maybe because of a bit more confidence from less acne. Who knows?

Fashion Trend: Infiniti Scarves


Me on the very right sporting one of my favorites last night

These have been on my wishlist for months and I've finally just gotten some for Christmas in red, tan, and black. I've been wearing them every chance I can get, they're such a nice addition to an outfit and very helpful in a climate that changes 30 degrees in a matter of hours.

Hair Look: Topknot

(My only picture I have is in the one with a scarf above but at that point my topknot had dropped into a fairly normal bun)

I'm a bit late to this trend but with my bangs and things I could never figure it out and I've finally just mastered it but it's a nice style for a day where my hair is really oily or very tangled.

Food: Pirouettes 


In front of my impeccably clean room (cue sarcasm)

I buy at least 2 of these every Christmas time when they become available and this year was no exception,  I actually received them as a present. They're shaped like a straw with layers of thin wafers surrounding a creamy, vanilla filling. But they are my absolute favorites and I've eaten far too many this month. 

Book: Mockingjay (Hunger Games Series #3)



I gave all of my Hunger Games books to my mom for Christmas so I wanted to quickly reread this wonderful book before they were gone. If you've never read the Hunger Games series, even if you're not a big reader, I highly reccommend them!

TV Show: The Carrie Diaries



They finally put the first half of the season on Netflix so although I've kept up with the new episodes for the past month, I now understand a lot more about the show and I am very, very inspired to start wearing more skirts and dresses on an everyday basis, Anna Sophia Robb makes it look easy!

Music:

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas by Michael Buble


Best Day of My Life by American Authors


I Do by Colbie Calliat


A Christmas song and 2 very upbeat feel good, can't help but smile songs for this months favorites...

Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed, my makeup favorites have been rather grim lately, I'll try to find more next month :)

Have a Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment