Sunday, December 29, 2013

What I've Learned From Everyday Blogging

Hello there!

I am dreadfully sorry about my lack of posts since the 13th, I wanted to blog everyday this month but this was the absolute worst month to try this for me. 

I had finals week from the 16th-20th and studied almost the entire weekend before and planned to continue blogging afterwards. Then I got a cold and then a flu on top of it which ended in absolute misery while sitting in class taking the most important tests of the semester. Not fun. And ever since then my days have been absolute chaos and although I realize I probably could have found nuggets of time to rush in some posts, I didn't so no excuses there. 

However, I am back with a few posts already planned for January and although I only blogged everyday for a little over 2 weeks and I usually blog at least every other day I learned a few things in my short time that I thought I would share today :)

It's really hard

So I don't get to sit at home and do this as an everyday job, I get to go to school, come home, work on homework, do my chores, work out forever, then work on blogging. I  love doing it but trying to work on blogging for about 2 hours a day along with everything else in my life getting paid solely in the happiness readers give me is highly difficult. I do really enjoy doing it but trying to pair it with everything else in my life and having everyone else think I'm wasting my time is quite difficult.

To me, blogging is like my job and I know many people can make full time incomes after getting many readers however I make no income. I spend 2 hours or more on my laptop everyday with what others see as no purpose. But I enjoy it so I continue.

I have no idea what I'm doing

I'm very new to this world of blogging and I know it will get easier with time. It seems like the past few months (I started in August) have flown by and I've been enjoying it so much, I've learned a lot along the way but I still feel like the new kid on the block still trying to figure everything out behind all of these amazing people with beautiful blogs and incredibly creative and well done posts, one day...

I am not an everyday blogger

Despite my other reasons for discontinuing the month, I couldn't do it. I got all of my ideas out and ran out of ideas half way through the month, I feel like even if I had tried to finish this month out, I would've written some very sad posts that I rushed through that no one would really care about or enjoy, really. Something I hope never happens. I don't know how much creativity I have left for this blog but I know it's worth trying for and I hope everyone sticks around to read my not-so-daily blog 

No closing today, I don't think this post needs one, unless this short paragraph of me explaining why there is no closing is in fact a closing in itself...

Have a Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3



No comments:

Post a Comment