Friday, October 18, 2013

OOTD- mixing warm and cold

Hello there!
 
As you may know, I live in California! Now most think this is amazing and it's full of sunshine and happiness and it is, full of sunshine at least... However in the morning it is quite cold, cold enough for there to be frost on the windows. And being the teenager I am I have an older car and the 1 thing we forgot to check before we bought it was the heat and it has NONE so in the mornings when it's cold, so am I.
 
Now most would say just wear some warmer clothes! That's nice and all but come 3 pm when I'm walking out of school in the 90 degree weather and when I have to stand outside for an hour for the fire drill in direct sunlight (thank you very much whoever decided on a CA statewide drill), I would melt into a puddle of sad little Mia. So what does one do?
 
Everyday I have the challenge of mixing warm and cold clothes and layering in a way that caters to both weathers in this crazy state. So here's todays outfit:
 

 
 
 
Having some fun with editing here... I should really find some new lighting arrangements...
 
 So I have on:
 
Sweater(brand new): American Eagle
 The Black Marled Mistletoe Sweater $30
 
High-waisted shorts: Love Culture
(sweater is a bit short)
no longer sold but similar to the black paneled
 
Beanie: Neff Daily Black Beanie
Zumiez for $18
 
Shoes: White Crochet Toms $60
but not pictured...
 
So that's one of my ways to stay warm without melting in this confusing California weather but hey, I'm not complaining that much. Though it was quite weird to mix a beanie, sweater, sunglasses, and shorts...
 
Anyways, how is everyone else dealing with the fall weather changes? Tell me in the comments below!
 
Have A Wonderfully Fashionable Day!
Love, Mia B <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment