Tuesday, August 6, 2013

10 Facts About Me!


My sister (left) and I (right) at Disneyland! One of my few recent pictures with little makeup

So hi, I’m Mia, 17 years old, and this is my blog. I feel like when I’m reading other people’s blogs I always enjoy it more when I know them a bit better. Somehow makes them feel more like me or more human, I guess. So I know this probably won’t benefit anyone personally but I hope you enjoy it!


1.       I LOVE MUSIC

         Like it’s one of my favorite things in the world. It’s my escape and my hobby and everything to me. I can’t live without it for a day.  Listening to it, playing it (know 5 instruments so far, only own 1 currently), writing it, I consider it a large part of who I am and who I want to be.
 
My baby and I, favorite thing in the world to do

2.       I have a cat

        Her name is Sammi (or Sammers) and I love her a lot, but I really love all cats a lot so not much surprise and she doesn’t always love me. I just got back from a 6 week summer vacation and she’s still pretty peeved at me.
 
My Siamese child, with the most beautiful blue/grey eyes
 

3.       I’m Apple biased

        I really love my iPad, I’ve had 3 iPhones (only broke my most recent one and am currently smartphone-less, which is really sad if you know me), and for college I really want to buy a Macbook Pro. My 5 year old Toshiba is already breaking down but in its defense, it is a well used laptop.  I love their products, a lot.
 
All of my pictures are taken with my iPhone so you don't often see it but I found a few that you could actually see me and my beautiful phone
 

4.       I read a lot

           Lots of magical, fantasy books on my shelf even though most books I read are from the library. Some favorites are Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Artemis Fowl, and a bunch I can’t remember because I never actually bought them. Currently reading the City of Bones before the movie comes out later this month, which I pretty much do for all movies I plan to see if they have books.
 
My current bookshelf, like I said, I've read way more than this from libraries, next on the wishlist is Harry Potter
 

5.       I like my brands

      I know it’s sad and I could probably save myself a lot of money if I didn’t but if you look on my shoe rack right now you will find 4 pairs of UGGs, 2 Nikes, and 3 TOMs among others. I have a North Face or two, wait 3, and I own $150 Rock Revival jeans, though I try not to overindulge in really expensive brands too often.
 

Had a photo shoot with my shoes, bet it looked very odd, especially since I'm using this huge iPad to try and take them
 

6.       I’m a sort of night owl

       On a regular night I have to stay up until at least midnight, usually later. And it’s not even my electronics. I can just lie in bed for the 2 hours between when my mom tells me to go to bed and when I can sleep. I can stay up all night if I want to and it’s funny because this only started happening in the last 3 months.
 
Most late nights are spent on my iPad or with Netflix but I have a couple late night adventures like Disneyland

And going to the beach, I didn't swim but it was fun to just be there at midnight or 1 or something, I absolutely love beaches anytime of day

7.       Leading to my coffee addiction

      I won’t fall asleep but I will be groggy all day long without my nice latte in the morning (I make it from home, Starbucks is expensive albeit delicious). People who know me can tell when I didn’t get my morning coffee because I’m usually an active, energized person and without it I am yawny mcgee.
 
A trip to Starbucks with my mom because I ran out of coffee, I look pretty tired and was lazy getting ready
First Starbucks ever, located in Seattle across from the Pike Place Market right on the water, cool to visit if you're near, though it can get crowded
 

8.        I love the outdoors

      I’ve grown up in Washington State and moved to California recently. Although Seattle is usually raining, it has the most beautiful forests to hike up and wonderful mountains to ski through. I could sit outside all day long and listen to the birds in the trees with clean air and a nice book.
      
Snowy day in Snohomish, WA, one of my favorite pictures

Wonderful hike near Monroe, WA called Wallace Falls, absolutely love it there
 
      Now I live in California which doesn’t have as great of plant life but it has the most beautiful sunshine with its wonderful beaches (my favorite thing ever) and desert landscapes. It’s definitely still beautiful, though in a different way and I love both states equally.
Took this off of the Santa Monica Pier (CA), fun place to go a few times, especially on a nice day (340 days of the year)

This was in Palm Springs, a retirement golfing community thing, really pretty and clean there, very fun weekend getaway, especially if you know someone there.
Also you can tell I take a LOT of pictures, so far all of them are off of my old iPhone but I am currently iPhone and digital camera-less so my photography days are on a very large pause
 

9.       I can be a geek

      Which is basically loving something… A LOT. I was in marching band (alto saxophone) and I love Doctor Who, Sherlock, Harry Potter, the Chronicles of Narnia and so many other amazing fantasy series so society would call me a geek. Honestly if you looked around my room the only geek thing you would see is my book case ½ full of books, way less than some of my geeky friends. But I’m pretty normal compared to some people I know.
I have this and many other pictures like it in my files, I love Doctor Who, there's some Harry Potter, etc. Plus there's an entire board on my Pinterest dedicated to this stuff (Picture from Doctor Who Hub page on Facebook)


10.   And finally, I am a reformed sugar addict

       I got big for a bit there with my constant froot loops and candy. Literally anything I could get my hands on, but after quitting cold turkey for awhile (I literally got sick for a week), I finally got a handle on it and learned moderation. It was difficult and I wish I could be one of those people who has those amazing bodies easily but at the same time I love my body and hope everyone else loves there's.
 
 
I also bake a bit (and decorate, like my cake?) so it doesn't really help the whole addiction thing but I now only do a couple seasonal treats in the winter and try to give them to as many people as possible
 
PS I realize I have an odd sense of humor and some of this post may sound odd to some people
 
 
Well I hope this whole post gave you guys a small insight into the weirdo that writes this blog and maybe I'm not alone in some of these odd, random things about me, I'm really hoping I'm not the only person who likes the outdoors...


Anyways, have an absolutely wonderful day and if anyone reads this feel free to write down 10 things about you in the comments below, I would absolutely love to read them! :)

Mia Brielle <3

No comments:

Post a Comment