Thursday, August 8, 2013

Face wash review!


 
Hello there!
So recently (past year, about) I have started getting a TON of acne. It's really annoying. I've tried several face washes and I cannot seem to find one that works perfectly and takes away all of my zits. But some have worked better than others and I feel like I've tried enough of them to compare them for anyone else who wants to try out a new face wash. So these are ordered from my personal favorite to least favorite.
 
1.Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Power-Clear Scrub
(try saying that 5 times fast)

 

So I've been using this lovely wash for about 3 months now I think and I have fallen in love. It works on blackheads and pimples alike reducing everything greatly and taking away some of the redness that builds up with the acne. Though I will say that if you pick at or pop your acne, this wash will sting them but it will help the wound heal quicker so I still think it's worth it. I also love that it's oil free because in this California heat with my bangs, my face tends to have extra oil and I love that this wash reduces my acne without making my face too oily or dry it out. I believe it's about $5 for this small bottle, so not too bad. It's what I took on my 6 week vacation to WA state and what I use everyday, morning and night.  But sadly this also means that my acne is caused by stress which I didn't think I had too much of. Will have to be something I work on in the future.
 
2. Clearasil Rapid Action Daily Face Wash
For the past 2 week I have been pairing my stress wash (above) with this face wash and have seen great improvement. While the stress control reduces the acne greatly I still have a bunch of little bumps left over which is where this wonderful wash comes in and wipes (some) of them away. I noticed today though that some of the acne is coming back. It may just mean I need to start using it more (think I didn't use it at all one day) or that I need to move on, I'm not sure yet. I think it was $12 but you get this HUGE bottle, way bigger than most of my other ones. But my overall review of this wash is 5 stars!
 
3. Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash
 
 
So when I lived back in WA, 2 years ago and had absolutely no acne, this was my favorite thing in the world! It makes my face feel softer than a baby's bottom and somehow kept my face oil free all day long. I absolutely loved the fact that it was so natural and light. But I only recommend this for skin for moisturizing because when I started getting my acne this wash was no help at all. For the very small bottle, it's a tad more expensive than other washes (I believe I got it for $9), but I think it is completely worth it. (I'm now thinking of going out and buying a new one to use when skin is feeling dry)
 
4. Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub
 
 
I used this scrub about 6 months ago for a good 3 months or so and I would pair it with the Simple face wash (above) and they worked pretty well together. My acne did reduce slightly but not as much as my top two and it stopped working as well for me after about 3 months so I had to move on. But if you only have a couple of blackheads and don't need too much help then this one worked pretty well. I will say that it has these hard little pieces of who knows what in it that I didn't like very much though it wasn't that bad. I think this small sized wash was about $7, not bad at all but once I could only find the $3 knockoff and it worked just as well if not better. I would only recommend it if you don't have any bigger, hard to get rid of acne.
 
5. L'Oreal go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser
For Sensitive Skin

 
 This is also one of the ones I used long ago when I had almost no skin cares in the world. I have pretty sensitive skin and this made my skin feel wonderful and when I used the scrublet (that's actually what it's called) I felt like it was getting deeper in my pores. I had absolutely no acne back then so I don't know if this one would actually help with that but I do recommend it for sensitive skin people (which I know are not many) who want softer skin and I honestly do not remember the price of this one, probably around the same as the other ones, sorry!
 
Proactiv 3 Step Solution
So Proactiv. The one everyone talks about. I used it a long time ago so I don't think it should be included in the count. I know this might be my laziness but I absolutely hated having to use 3 different things on my face. But this was a long time ago and I know many people (my mom, yup my mom uses it) who have had great success with it. It's $20 per package with an optional extra $10 deluxe package with the oil free moisture (above) and daily oil control or deep cleansing and emergency blemish treatment. It's kind of expensive but I can name a handful of people who say its way worth it. Now that I'm talking about it so much I'm thinking about trying it out again and seeing if it works on my older self.
 
6. L'Oreal go 360 Clean Deep Facial Cleanser 
 
 
This is the same exact face wash as the white one 2 above but it's not for sensitive skin. It has this awesome smell to it but with my skin, it dried it out a TON after I used it for about a week. It probably was my sensitive skin so I can't say it would be bad for others but I probably won't be buying it again.
 
7. Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser
 
I absolutely love the way this feels on my skin. I can't say I noticed any energy change after using it but it helped out with acne like the tiniest bit and made my skin feel wonderful. I probably won't be using it too much again but it's oil free which is always wonderful so like most other face washes it has it's pros and cons and it would probably be the perfect thing for some people.
 
LAST: Simple Refreshing Facial Wash Gel
 
And finally. This one. This annoying face wash GEL. I ran out of my nice simple moisturizing face wash and my sister had bought this one to try out. So I borrowed some and NEVER WILL AGAIN. This face wash didn't only increase my acne, it also dried out my face for 3 hours then gave me 12 hours of oil monster. This happened one day so I decided to give it a second chance and the same thing happened again. It wasn't even particularly hot that day. I'm pretty sure this face wash just hates me. I still have most of this left and it will sit there until I have the heart to throw out this $10 face wash (I can be kind of cheap). This is the one I will never recommend to anyone. Nothing against Simple because like I said I really, really love their other moisturizing one. If I didn't have acne it's all I would ever use but me and this face wash will never, EVER get back together
Taylor Swift reference there :) 
 
But yeah that's most of the face washes I've used so far. Now that I've gone back through them I kind of want to re-try Proactiv and grab some extra Simple MOISTURIZING to keep on hand. I hope someone else can benefit from my various face-successes and failures. 

Comment below with any face washes/moisturizers you've found helpful for or if you've used one of the ones above I'd love to hear you're reviews!

Have a wonderful day,
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment