Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Redecorating my bedroom

Hello there!

So a couple months ago I sold off all of my old bedroom set and used the money to buy a whole set. Got this whole modern looking thing going on with a flat screen, full size bed, and couch. And I absolutely love to personalize my room. If you walk into my room now there's a ukulele, guitar picture, violin clock, and personal board of randomness on my walls with pictures of my friends and family (and my cat of course) all over my room.

But now that that's done I feel the need to do more (of course) so I found these awesome ideas on Pinterest (per usual) that I want to try to make/put in my room and/or bathroom. So here they are:

Idea #1!

So I have all of these cords to charge things. I have so many that it's actually getting ridiculous. I have to have a 6 outlet extension in this one spot for:
  • my laptop
  • my iPhone (when I had it)
  • my iPad
  • my iPod (it's tiny, specifically for running)
  • my camera (which my little sister broke ):
  • and currently the crap phone that I'm using while saving up for a new phone
Does anyone else think that's ridiculous? Because I do. Right now I only have 4 of these which I'm quite bitter about but nevertheless eventually I will have those 2 things back, get rid of the crap phone and still have this cluttered mess of wires sitting on my nightstand. However, I found the perfect solution to this on Pinterest and it is so incredibly adorable!




 

So I think I could really personalize this and make it look very me to decorate the room while cleaning up my nightstand a bit. It's made from a ribbon box found here. And you would just buy ribbon or decorative paper from your nearest craft store (or glitter if you're like me), cut a hole in the side for the power cord, decorate and charge! This person went to the liberty of labeling the cords which I probably won't do but I'm still in love with the idea and plan to do it very soon.
 
Idea #2!
 
Bathroom stuff
In my bathroom I use my heat appliances quite often and have found that leaving them and all their wires out on the counter to cool off after I use them makes my bathroom quite cluttered. But I have found my savior. This gem holds a hairdryer, curler, and straightener and hides all the cords neatly in the back and you can put them all in there right after you've used them.
I don't know how many people have them but I think they're genius
 
 
I've found the one in the picture on amazon here for $20 and the pictures on there are much better and you can see the different places to put it in your bathroom and how easily the cords get tucked away. I absolutely love this one but I found the same thing at Target for $15 and you wouldn't have to pay for shipping.
 
I've seen it in 2 Target stores in the past week though after scouring the website for half an hour I couldn't find it. At both I found them on the bathroom décor aisle (soap dispenser aisle) in the front of the aisle on this shorter display thing. But I plan on getting that next week and I'm actually kind of excited just to get this thing. I don't know why... Mia, you're weird.
 
Anyways my 2nd bathroom idea is a way to organize my makeup brushes while also making them easy to access. I bet many people already do this but I've never thought of it and have fallen in love with the idea. It makes it look very clean and organized too.
 

I've also seen this with ombre sand or salt but felt like with my clumsiness that could get messy, this look isn't as creative or pretty but it's functional and clean looking
 
I fell in love with these bathroom organizers and hope to buy and use them very soon.
 
Idea #3!
 
My 3rd and final idea for this post is to use Christmas lights!
Winter and summer are my 2 favorite times of the year and since I live in constant summer right now I would love to incorporate a bit of winter into my room and found a few lovely ways to try, Christmas lights being my favorite. I absolutely love looking around every winter and seeing all of these beautiful lights decorating everybody's house and think they would look lovely in my bedroom.
 
There's several ways to go about this and I didn't want to do them all around my walls like a normal person but felt like they should be incorporated into something my 3 favorite ideas are putting them around a heart of photos, hanging photos off of them and spelling out my favorite word: DREAM
 

heart of photos
 
hanging photos
spelling out words, I would still do dream
These are all beautiful photos by the way
 
Believe or not I actually got off my butt the other week and attempted to do the heart of photos one but came across some problems.
So here's my attempt and I didn't not finish because I'm lazy I PROMISE!



 
In the picture you can't see it but in person you can easily tell that that the corners are caving in. I don't know if that is a result of the tape or the fact that I printed the photos out on a normal printer instead of the nice type of pictures. When I tried using double sided tape the pictures fell off within 10 minutes and with normal tape turned around so it's made double sided put on all 4 corners, the corners start coming off. Pretty annoying.
 
So I may just give up on the heart of photos and go with the hanging photo idea which I think is just as cool. I would do the dream one too but I like the idea of putting a bunch of photos up in my room. 
 
Now I have about 4 other ideas but I feel like if I do that the risk of me getting bored/lazy and giving up is higher, like when they tell weight loss people to make small goals in order to feel encouraged. So right now I'm just focusing on these 3.
 
Speaking of that I need to go to the gym but I hope that you found something interesting within my new decorating ideas and if you have decorated something in your room or house recently or found a really cool idea to do so please feel free to leave them in the comments. I would absolutely love to read them.
 
As always have a wonderfully creative day!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment