Friday, August 9, 2013

Who Am I? Hair edition

Hello there!

I know the title may be misleading but I promise this is not me trying to figure out who I am or actually a life-related post at all. I want to talk about hair!

For the past few months I've been thinking of re-dying my hair some new different color. I don't know exactly why but I do feel like your hair color sort of changes your personality a little. Not completely, it's just something about a new identity through hairstyles that I love.

Currently, I have brown hair and I had dark blond highlights put in about 2 years ago that damaged my hair and I never colored over them. But they have greatly faded over all this time and people say they're barely noticeable.

 
 
 
Me currently... well like a couple months ago

 
when I had first got them
yeah I hadn't figured out anything about life yet, I was 14, terrible picture, bear with me
My eyes are also blue nowadays if that changes anything
 
But now I would like to change from my boring brown to something else. I have two different ideas in mind.
 
Idea #1!
 
Since I already have damage from the blond which is still in the last foot in of my hair I was thinking it would be cool to do an ombre look. And I'm not talking two colors because I have seen some pretty bad looking ones since this whole craze started.
 
I'm saying like 4 different shades from my normal brown to a nice, bright blond. One person that I absolutely love, the blogger/youtuber/person of awesomeness that is Zoella, has one of my favorite done ombres that I've seen. She has the same natural brown as I do that slowly goes to a bright blond.
I feel like this one shows the 3 or 4 different colors in her hair
 
And this one shoes how wonderfully bright and drastic the blond is
(And how awesome Zoe is!)
 
I feel like this ombre look is more common but also looks really good and I've never been a blond or semi blond or whatever this would be...


Idea #2!

I am also starting to love the auburn look, which is pretty much a red-brown color. It's starting to become more popular, I wish I had thought to change my hair color earlier in the year. I also love this color because it doesn't involve bleach which I refuse to put on any more of my hair than is already damaged.

Anyways there are several different shades of auburn and even if I do go with this idea I'm not positive which one I would go with.
 
This is more of a subtle red-based brown that is brighter without being too drastic
 
And this is all out dark red/burgundy/brown that I also love but it's so drastic I don't know if I could pull it off
 
But I usually love people who put their selves out there and go for the most unique styles because it generally ends up looking amazing!
 
 
Personality wise for red I feel like it's much more adventurous and unique, both qualities that I love and hope I am or will be. So maybe ombre is the safe way and red is the more dangerous? 
 
Has anyone tried any of these hairstyles or just any drastic random color? I would absolutely love to hear about your experiences good or bad in the comments, even if you've just got an idea in mind like me! Maybe we can all help each other in our hair coloring endeavors...

Anyways have a fantastic day!
Mia B <3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment