Monday, March 24, 2014

Beauty Trick: Making Tinted Moisturizer

Hello there!

So this may sound quite slow witted but I found out about this amazing trick and have been using it ever since. I goth hands on a sample of Nars tinted moisturizer and fell in love. However I didn't have enough money to buy myself a whole $40 tube and just kept using my liquid foundation. But I found this tip and I don't even remember where but I felt quite dumb after reading it. 

If you want to make your own tinted moisturizer all you have to do is put small amounts of moisturizer and liquid foundation on the back of your hand and mix them together! I got so excited and it really works, they mix easily and you can choose the concentration of both in the mix to get your perfect coverage and consistency ratios. 




I've been using Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer because it's sunny almost everyday here so I love the sunscreen and I only use it in the morning and it does give off a nice glow. I used to put it on before my foundation but mixing it with the thick liquid makes it easy to put on while still giving me a nice amount of coverage. It takes about 60 seconds to rub it in just like moisturizer, far easier than using a brush and I could not be happier with it. 

Left side has the tinted moisturizer on, right does not

For foundation I use Kat Von D's which is unusually thick and was a bit of a pain to apply every day but when mixing it with the moisturizer I use the smallest amount and gets amazing coverage so it works quite well for the current purpose. 

This foundation has gotten such amazing reviews for coverage and while mixing it with the non-tinted moisturizer does lessen this, I found that I didn't need all of the coverage and I just make sure to use concealer under this everyday on my dark circles just like I would with any other light coverage foundation. 

Anyways, that was my makeup epiphany for the month, hope you enjoyed!

Have a Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment