Monday, March 3, 2014

Hair Aspirations

Hello there!

Lately I've been thinking about styling my hair quite a bit. I have this ridiculously curly but not kinky or coily curly hair which sometimes looks like this...


Which I feel can limit my options in styling so I usually end up partly/fully straightening it, trying to tame frizz, or putting it up but I think if I really tried I could make it better. I love the way flat iron curls look so it might be time for me to start experimenting again which can be long, hazardous, and fun but I'll definitely do a post on my attempts.

On Pinterest I've been finding and compiling pictures for inspiration in my Ideas boards and here are a few of my favorites...


This one has to be my favorite, I love the larger curls so un-frizzy yet crazy beautiful. This was actually done by a blogger and she was amazing enough to make a tutorial video on how to get these amazingly perfect wavy curls here


I have a middle part right now and would love to get a side part as wonderfully done as this and the curls are nicely done as well. It looks like the same flat iron concept but the curls start further down, are bigger, thinner, and continue to the very ends. 


These ones are a bit messier but also look somewhat bouncier, bigger, and softer. They're wavier than the first inspiration picture but equally as beautiful


This one is definitely more of a wave, maybe even a beach wave. I think it would be best accomplished again with a flat iron and a really good sea salt spray


I love that this one is more straight yet still keeps a voluminous wave at the end and the bow placement is flawless, thinking my bow collection needs expanding :)


I do top knots quite a bit just because I am lazy and they are easy when I haven't washed my hair and it freaks out. But I never love my top knots but I think the one this blogger has is absolutely amazing and I'm going to commit to learning her perfect top knot ways. You can find her photo tutorial here and Youtube tutorial here

Anyways, those are some of my hair inspirations right now! 

Feel free to comment below on your thoughts on the post, on your day, on life... I'd love to read!

Have a Wonderful Day!

Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment