Monday, March 10, 2014

Review: Maybelline Falsies Regular vs Flared

Hello there!


I loved the original Maybelline Falsies Mascara and got it forever ago and finally ran out but decided to take a chance on their new Falsies Flared Mascara and here's what I thought...

The Original Formula





If you've ever seen the brush for this mascara it looks quite odd. While most others have a round brush this one curves into a very slight U. I don't know if anyone really knows which side to use and almost everyone who uses it has different results. 

I use it U up and use the wiggling method, making them thicker but I think if you just run it through, the lashes get stuck together so there's about 10 with lots of gaps at the lash line. Also, this mascara dries really quickly and using a second coat will create plenty of clumps. So there are a few drawbacks, but overall I quite like it. 

The Flared Formula




I like the flared formula far more. The brush has one straighter side and one outwardly curved side and I tend to use the straighter side up. I can get more length out of it and the same great volume without any noticeable clumping, my lashes are separated and they still have the "falsies effect". Using the wiggling method I get a dark, thick lash line almost to the effect of thin eyeliner. They have a slight flared effect, not to the full butterfly effect but still in a subtle and very nice way. 

In summary, the regular mascara is nice but I much prefer the flared solution
(Btw neither mascaras I reviewed are the waterproof formulas)

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this review. Have you ever tried this mascara? What did you think of it? What's your favorite mascara? Tell me in the comments below!

Have a Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment