Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hair Attempts: Flat Iron Curls

Hello there!

I've been quite envious of the flat iron curls (did a post on my hair aspirations) I see all around and attempted it a few times this week.



This was the result of curling my naturally curled hair w/o brushing with a 1 1/4 curling iron


Result of brushing my curly hair then attempting to wrangle the frizz into the 1 1/4 curling iron
Not too bad but then...


I tried the curling more brushed through frizz and didn't enjoy the overall effect




This was what happened after I tried to brush, straighten then curl my hair with a curling iron, I held it on there for 30 seconds and still got this result...


Then tried brushing my hair and doing straight away flat iron curls without straightening it first. They looked beautiful but for some reason only my blonde was getting any curl to them. My natural brown was stubbornly straight, then...


Within an hour they started fading into oblivion, while still beautiful, I couldn't do 3 curls without wanting to go back and redo ones that were straightening out


After about another hour I ended up back at this, semi-straightened hair that looks nothing but messy and my flat iron curls hope crushed. 

But I'm adamant to keep trying, maybe I just need to invest in some amazing hairspray but either way, I will find the ultimate nice curling method for my unruly naturally curly hair!
(Sorry for the terrible pictures, it was late at night and I was trying not to wake anyone!)

Comment below what your favorite method of curling is: flat iron or curling iron?

Have a Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3

4 comments:

  1. Seu cabelo é muito legal!!! :D

    Beijos http://bloguetanamoda.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just prefer a curling wand, for some reason I have the same problem whenever I use my straightners to create a curl it just drops out so easily. My hairdressers creates curls with the straightners and I get like Victoria secret model hair super big curls...no idea what the trick is :( x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm convinced that I just need my own hair stylist person ;) Xx

      Delete