Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hair Attempts: Buns

Hello there!

So along with the rest of the world I've recently fallen in love with big buns near the top of my head. They're effective at getting my lion's mane of hair out of my face while still having a nice, put together look about them. So here are my attempts.


So this is my failed attempt at the 10 Second Top Knot, as taught by Emily on her blog The Freckled Fox here. I understood how to do it, the tutorial is very well explained, I just can't seem to make it look like the picture (if I had a nickel for every time I've said that). Maybe it's my curly hair, the extreme length of my hair or I just need practice, either way, I sort of failed. 



I felt pretty accomplished with this one. It's a topknot but not too far forwards and messy but not too out of place, an awesome feat considering how big my curly hair can be. My still-growing-out bangs are definitely a pain as they just barely don't fit back into the bun and I have to constantly adjust them in their bobby pin. And in the end I accented it with this adorable floral bow, a nice accessory to a plain outfit.

Anyways, those are some of my trial and error buns. Do you like the bun trend? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3




No comments:

Post a Comment