Friday, March 7, 2014

Review: Proactiv+

Hello there!

A few weeks ago I saw Proactiv's new face wash line and decided to give it a try. The original Proactiv worked pretty well for someone who has had unstoppable acne for about 2 years, though it didn't completely solve the problem.

This new line has 3 steps as well. 


Step 1: Skin Smoothing Exfoliator
Smooth away excess oil, dirt, and other impurities with your daily cleanser

It works quite well, I usually use it in the shower on damp skin and it has the little pieces like a scrub does. I know some don't like the harsh feeling but it surprisingly doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin and I have noticed smoother skin so it lives up to it's name. 

Step 2: Pore Targeting Treatment
Kill acne bacteria deep in the pore with your daily treatment

This is a much thinner liquid like substance but thick enough to retain shape. This step is more about acne medication and my acne has definitely reduced. I always like to do something brushing my teeth after this step to let it dry before the next step. 

Step 3: Complexion Perfection Hydrator 
Soothe irritation, brighten tone and visibly reduce post-acne marks without clogging pores with your daily hydrator

This is a clear gel type product that definitely hydrates skin but it doesn't feel like most moisturizers I've used. I've continued to use my moisturizer only because I prefer tinted moisturizer in the place of foundation but I feel like after using this product it isn't necessary at all.

Results: I've had terrible acne for the past 2 years and spent countless amounts on new acne treatments and so much time worrying about covering it all up. But last week for the first time I felt like I had a clear face, this finally got ride of most of my acne. 

I still have a bunch of acne scars but those will take much longer to heal and are slowly fading. But it felt amazing to finally feel like I didn't have any acne. My skin feels amazingly smooth and healthy and after the products dry I cannot tell if I've even put them on or not, they are completely weightless. 

(However I did have a break out, it wasn't half as bad as my old ones and after a few days of diligent face washing, it completely cleared but still slightly annoying)

So overall, I'm very happy with this face wash system

Free gifts


Toner: This was one of the main steps in the old solution however is one of 2 free gifts you can choose from 8 different options. I didn't personally order mine so I didn't get a choice but this works quite well. It is used to even out skin tone and has brightened mine and faded my acne scars noticeably but not completely so it works quite well and it comes with its own application pads.

Mask: This is a normal mask, white thick cream that makes my face feel incredibly clear and has a small effect on my acne though not as much as I'd like. What I really love about this mask is that it has a second purpose as an overnight spot treatment. Noticeably reducing large bits of acne in a matter of hours. It's not miracle cream, it doesn't rid of them but a difference large enough to keep me using it. The only downside is that overuse of this will easily dry out skin and make the problem worse. 

The other gift options are the cleansing body bar, mark correcting pads, emergency blemish relief, and eye brightening serum and I believe I get 2 free with every new order. 

Anyways, that was my experience with this overall wonderful system, have you tried it? What is your choice face wash? Tell me in the comments below! I'd love to read

Have a Wonderful Day!

Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment