Monday, December 2, 2013

Concealer Comparison: L'Oreal vs Rimmel

Hello there!





Just spent 2.5 hours purchasing and hanging Christmas lights for my room and they are amazing! But that's not what I'm here to talk about... Today I wanted to do a review so I'm going to be doing a comparison of the 2 different drugstore concealers that I've purchased over the past year so it's like 2 reviews in one!

1. L'Oreal True Match Concealer- Light Pale


2. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer- Light/Medium


a) Tone matching

When I try and buy a new makeup product, especially in a drugstore, I will sit there for 5-10 minutes if I have to and find which shade best matches mine. So it's not out laziness that neither of these truly matched my tone even the Rimmel one, which claims to adapt to individual skin tone. 

L'Oreal is a little too light and Rimmel is a little too dark, neither company makes too many shades, although with a little foundation or an extremely good blend, it's not noticeable at all but whenever I even try to just walk out of the door with only a touch of either of these concealers, someone notices. 

b) Consistency and Application 

These have very different consistencies, the L'Oreal has a very thick consistency that is applied with a small wand that if applied hastily can feel a bit rough. While the Rimmel has a far more liquid based consistency that applies smooth as butter, to apply you squeeze the bottle onto the 20 or so fibers on the tip of the tube which I found a lot softer but a little messier and occasionally difficult. 

c) Coverage

I had a lot of acne while using both of these products so coverage was extremely important while I was using them and I can review them with ease. For me, the Rimmel and L'Oreal both take away any redness or off-colored spots wonderfully, something I was very happy with. However the L'Oreal hid the bumps of the acne a bit better, though not completely, compared to the Rimmel which easily showed all of my acne, though they were completely skin tone. So this one definitely depends on how much coverage you need. 

d) Blendability

This has a lot to do with the consistencies of the two formulas, the Rimmel was of course easier to blend due to it's more liquid consistency but the L'Oreal isn't bad either. They were both fairly easy to blend by hand. 

e) Overall- each out of 5

L'Oreal
Tone Matching: 3
Consistency&App: 3
Coverage: 4
Blendability: 5
Total: 15/20

Rimmel 
Tone Matching: 3
Consistency&App: 5
Coverage: 3
Blendability: 5
Total: 16/20

Hope you enjoyed my review, tried to make it a bit different than normal, let me know if you enjoyed! But it's late and I'm off to bed, I had to keep up my full month of blogging everyday!

Comment below: what's your favorite concealer?

Have a Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment