Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Hello there!

So I realized this weekend on my last shopping trip that i am a shopaholic, it's sad but true. Here are the 5 signs that led to my self-diagnosis

1) A majority of my emails are from companies


Screenshotted email from forever ago and a sweater I really wish AE still made

My phone never shuts up, I wake up with over 10 emails and over half of them are always from a company telling me about some new collection, sale, or coupon they're giving me that I always keep in my inbox until it's expiration date. 

2) My heartbeat increases with a sale

Bogo is like my tagline and % off makes me walk faster. In Bath and Body Works the other day, I couldn't just buy 2 things like I'd intended, there was a buy 3, get 3 free sale so of course I had to go all over the store to get all 6 items which made me so excited, the idea of a sale is just really exciting. Even today in Target I couldn't get the small goldfish and Swedish fish, the large ones were on sale and now I'm sitting here up to my ears in food, but it's goldfish and Swedish fish so I don't really mind :)

3) Shopping usually sounds like the most fun thing to do




My mom asked me what I wanted to do the other day and all I could think of was wanting to go shopping. I could just run to Ulta and grab a bunch of beauty supplies, drive down to the mall and expand my wardrobe, stop in Yankee Candle to make my life smell beautiful. The possibilities are endless

4) Window shopping is painful

I hate doing it, it's really just saddening. I just wants things. That sounds so terrible and materialistic but I really enjoy getting things, especially for others. The things are just calling my name. I see something and I suddenly just need to redecorate my room or randomly give a gift to a friend but I just really want that thing 

5) I could tell you the entire layout of several malls



I've been to several malls SO MANY TIMES that I could tell you the entire layout, every store. I feel like that's a lot of wasted brain space but the memorization was inevitable. I've been there so very often that I couldn't help but memorize the entire layout. I know at least 5 all the way and about half of 3 more. I don't choose to but I blame it on being a shopaholic and going to the mall too much. Maybe that should be my new year resolution: going to the mall less, I feel like that is a very amicable goal... :)

So thanks for reading through my mini confession and reasoning behind it. 
I am a shopaholic

Hope you enjoyed! Comment below with your favorite thing to shop for!

Have A Wonderful Day!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment