Sunday, September 8, 2013

Inspirational Sundays #5

Hello there!
 
I've been a bit lazy this week writing, mostly because of school. But I also had a PAINFUL knee injury, and this weekend I still went to visit family despite the injury and couldn't bring my laptop, SORRY! However, I'm finally healing and will hopefully get back to my regular routine soon! :)
Completely natural selfie of the day, facially-naked :)
 
So today I thought I'd talk about school! Our favorite subject! I'm a senior this year and for any school-goers: I FEEL YOUR PAIN. In CA we start school in August... AUGUST. It's ridiculous. But they do make it up later on so it's not too bad. But I know school sucks and I hope some of these back to school tips will help you all!
 
Supplies
Over the years I've found that on the first day of school You. Don't. Need. Anything! Literally bring a notebook and a pencil... supply wise. With those in every class write down all of the things your teachers tell you you need. DO NOT go out and buy 10 notebooks and 3 binders. You really don't need them. The only thing I promise you'll definitely need are pencils and paper. Teachers will most likely want you to get specific things but you won't know what to get until you get all of these teacher's syllabus. promise.
 
Homework
This is how I feel about homework, after Junior year, I burned it all, EVERYTHING
 
So I know everybody tells you don't procrastinate, it won't help you. Well I'm here to tell you the same thing. I used to procrastinate I know what it's like. I'm not telling you not to do it to get more sleep. I'm telling you to do it so that when you want to do something fun and your parents ask if you've done your homework you can honestly tell them yes and so that at midnight you can be up watching Youtube videos and scrolling through Tumblr like me! :)Unless you're one of those people who actually sleeps...
 
Looks
In school, I am the average looks person. I wake up about 45 minutes before school on a normal day (60 right now because it takes me that long to put in contacts) and I spend 10 minutes on my outfit, 10 on my hair, 15 on my makeup, and 10 grabbing all of my stuff including my food (including my car-eaten breakfast because I like my sleep, not sure where this extra 5 minutes goes to) and I think I look reasonable. Sometimes I go for yoga pants but I never wear sweatpants. I look at those girls who woke up 2 hours early to do everything perfect like they're crazy. Like honestly I like looking nice but I already don't go to sleep until at least 2 am, waking up at 5 would be ridiculous. I'd look nice but I'd ruin it when I started falling asleep in class.
But like honestly, NOBODY CARES. People who wear sweatpants and go makeup-free are some of the coolest people and people who choose to spend 2 hours every morning in their bathroom have plenty of friends. Our style is a part of who we are and I think it's really for ourselves. Like for me, I enjoy looking reasonable, not like I just rolled out of bed but not like I'm headed to the red carpet. Just do YOU and I promise, everything will work out.
 
 
Being the New Kid
It sucks! I've done it 10 times... 10 TIMES. Including this year, I just started at a new school for senior year and I'm pretty much the only new senior at a school of 600 kids where everybody already knows each other and I know it really sucks. I'm always confused or lost or alone and I hate it. But being the optimistic chicklet that I am (do you guys like the new title? or is it stupid? it's a trial title, really not sure yet...) I hope for something better. The best way I've found to make friends is to be yourself. And do NOT I swear, do NOT pretend like you are any better than you are. Just do you and the people you would get along will start to notice you and it will all work out. I always find the best friends by being myself. I enjoy them the most because I can be my complete self around them and they love me for it and I think that's the coolest thing.
 
Nice quote related to the types of friends to have
 
Biggest advice I can possibly give you for school is BE YOURSELF <3
 
I hope this all helped you in some way and if you'd like me to do any other posts on school or you have any questions, leave them in the comments! Or send them to me on any of my social media in the adorable buttons I put up in the corner. I'd be happy to talk about it because I do consider myself a bit of an expert in school *wipes shoulder, all cool like* Sorry this is a bit short but I do try to keep these Sunday posts fairly short because who wants to read on Sundays?!?!
 
Anyways, have a wonderfully relaxing Sunday!
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment