Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall Baking!


I know this has absolutely nothing to do with beauty but I love it so you're all going to hear about it. I really love baking, there's something so calming in measuring out things and making something perfectly by myself with some awesome background music that makes fall so amazing. And you know there's just the wonderful end of delicious food, doesn't that picture of pumpkin bread just make your mouth water? My sister has been hearing about it all summer because I only bake in October-January, about once a week, because of time consumption, flavors of the time, and the fact that I usually gain a pound or two eating so much. But when this time does come around I get REALLY excited about it.
 
In fall I love to use apples for a bit then pumpkin everything, because pumpkin is just wonderful.

In apple-related recipes last year I made:
 
Apple cider cupcakes with salted caramel frosting (other's favorite)
 
Apple cinnamon roll cupcakes (pain to make but delicious)
 
Apple pie cookies (personal favorite)
 
With apples, the recipes are always a bit harder and I usually took from about 6/7 pm to 1/2 am to finish these recipes, not everyone's favorite and an absolute pain to me but everyone loves them so 3 late nights wasn't too bad to see how much everybody loved them.
 
My favorite pumpkin dish so far is this simple chocolate chip pumpkin bread, that always goes fast around my house and only takes about 20 minutes to make and an hour to bake. I must have made this at least 6 times last fall because it was so good. But this year I've pinned another 20 pumpkin related recipes on my Pinterest board and I'm really excited to try some of them.
 
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread
 
Last fall I also made these cookies, red velvet cookies (thought it would be unique) pretty sure red velvet is a fall or winter thing... it was a simple recipe and absolutely delicious. Not a stand out one but pretty good.
 
Red velvet white chocolate chip cookies
 
Recipes:
With such a busy schedule I usually end up giving up large amounts of sleep but I guess it's worth it. Considering fall is one of my absolute baking seasons and I know people appreciate it. Does anyone else like to bake? What's your favorite season for baking or favorite recipes? Leave them in the comments below! :)

Have a wonderfully sweet day!
Mia B <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment