Monday, September 16, 2013

Sephora Haul!!!!!!

Hello there!


Guess what I did yesterday, bet you can tell from the title but I went to Sephora and honestly this is the first time I've ever bought anything at Sephora. I know, crazy right? But I'm excited to have all of these new things and excited to show you them all!

So I got a CMA, where the makeup artists make you over, free as long as you buy $50 worth of Sephora products, which I could've filled with the brushes alone. I spent quite a bit of money but I've never bought makeup outside of a drug store so this was long overdue. I honestly don't know what my total was, I just had to walk away, didn't even want to know the total and I still feel bad for spending so much money but I love it all so much.

First off, one of the things I'm most excited about is these beautiful brushes:

The Sephora Ultimate Travel Tool Set including:
  • Powder brush
  • Foundation brush
  • Concealer brush
  • Eyeshadow brush
  • Smudger
  • Crease brush
  • Angled brush
  • and a Brow brush
 
I only wish this had a smaller powder brush for blush and bronzer but they are all soft and nice, even labeled all nicely and they come in a nice magnetic case that'll make traveling very easy. But I'm so incredibly excited to finally have nice brushes. I absolutely adore them.
 
The girl who was helping me kept handing me Kat Von D products so I bought quite a few...
 
 
Plus one more that I forgot in this picture. There's foundation, setting powder, blush, bronzer, plus I got the unpictured liner. And they all come in such beautiful cases with roses and lace on them.
 
 
I'm quite excited about this new liquid foundation because I've never used liquid before and I have to say I'm in love. It covers things nicely but in a much smoother way and I still barely feel it on my skin. This one in particular has a bit more coverage than usual which I don't mind but I might ask for one with less next time, I just try to apply it lightly.
 
 
This is the setting powder that I got, quite simple, definitely smoother and nicer than drugstore. Though nothing too special.
 
Nice peach-ish blush, works great with my olive skin
 
And subtle bronzer
 
I absolutely LOVE both of these, I've used them twice and I honestly use to never use either because drugstore ones looked too out there, anyone could definitely tell and I hated that. But I've used these 2 twice and it adds the perfect subtle shaping to my face, I'm just in love, simply in love.
L is for the way you look at me... (old Nat King Cole song)
 
Both are very smooth and pigmented but very subtle against my skin tone. The blush is this beautiful peach color with a pink tint and the bronzer is a nice light brown that makes my skin look flawless (so not).
 
 
What I really wanted was a liquid liner pen that stayed on nicely all day long, through PE and my crazy adventures and that's what I asked for. I don't know if they're paid extra to promote this brand right now or something but this did not. I had PE this morning and this liner is coming off easier than my drugstore one. Maybe it's the love that wasn't meant to be (at least on days that I have PE) but this didn't work well for me. The color isn't even very dark and I spent quite a bit on it. However I do love how precise the tip is and like the brand's other products, I don't recommend this liner.
 
While I was at the store I looked at a lot of the other Kat Von D products as well and I noticed the eye makeup wasn't that good of quality. However I definitely recommend the skin makeup. My sister got this brand's concealer which works nicely as well as all of the products I bought. So overall for the brand I highly recommend the skin products but nothing else.
 
 
Now that we're done with that brand, I also bought this Smashbox photo finish makeup primer. It feels really oily at first but eventually got very light and primes well. I didn't notice a difference besides that but it got amazing reviews on Pinterest so can't be too bad.
 
 
Sephora brand outrageous volume mascara, I honestly don't notice a difference from my normal Maybelline Falsies mascara. Does anyone know a mascara that actually gives "outrageous volume"? I really want one with a lot of volume but can't seem to find one. I don't care about length that much but I do love the voluminous look and would love to find one that actually did so.
 
Got some new moisturizer and a new Baby Lips (my favs!) at a drugstore this weekend as well, guess I've been into trying new things lately!
 
But, that was all, now looking back it doesn't seem like much but at Sephora the price tag climbs quickly. Have you tried any new things lately? Let me know if you liked them or not in the comments!
 
Have a wonderfully beautiful day!
Mia B <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment