Monday, September 2, 2013

Mia's Monthly Loves... August!

Mascara- Maybelline Falsies
 
While in WA I ran out of mascara the day I had to go to this fancy convention thing and had to hurry and find some in the only Walgreen's for miles. I'd heard so much about this one so I quickly grabbed it and ran. This isn't my favorite mascara ever but it's a really great drugstore one and for the price of it I think it works quite well. The brush is curved oddly so if you use it the wrong way it messes up your eyelashes a LOT but if used right they look pretty nice for $5. When I use this one I always wipe off the brush on the edge of the bottle to prevent clumping which can easily happen. So overall great quality for a cheap price.
 
Music- Surfer's Paradise, Brave, Roar, Bangarang
 
Summertime of Our Lives by Cody Simpson: http://youtu.be/UA0wb6E3hyg
Brave by Sara Bareilles: http://youtu.be/QUQsqBqxoR4
Roar by Katy Perry: http://youtu.be/e9SeJIgWRPk
Bangarang by Skrillex: http://youtu.be/YJVmu6yttiw
 

I've listened to these songs so much this month it's ridiculous. I love Cody Simpson's new album, most of the songs are very chill and relaxing with a couple upbeat songs. They are a bit corny but still worth listening to. I know everybody's saying Brave and Roar sound alike but I don't really care and I love both of the songs equally and listen to them on a daily basis. I'm also really loving Bangarang, it's way more of a punk rock/dubstep song but I love that and it's really nice to listen to and pump myself up during homework or writing. I'm one of those people who finds about 15 songs they like and listens to them nonstop, everyday for a month or two until I get tired of them. Currently listening to my current obsessive playlist while writing this.
 
Drink- Arizona Iced Tea with Peach (regular and diet)
 
 
 I wish I had kept every can of these I've had so I could show you the ridiculousness of my addiction. They're only $1 so it's not that bad but I've still had so many of these it's crazy.  I can only find the regular one at 7-11 (conveniently have one right next to my school) and the diet one at Walgreens (down the street from my house).  If you've never had an Arizona, it's tea that barely tastes like tea with about 10 different flavors. The regular obviously tastes better than diet and I was wary of trying the diet however it doesn't taste bad at all and I thought it tasted AMAZING for 0 calories and no sugar. I highly recommend these.
 
Coffee- Starbuck's Latte at home
 
Here's a picture of my morning coffee in my epic SpongeBob Squarepants mug. I am in love with these things. You get about 4-5 tall latte's in this carton for about $5 at the grocery store. It allows me to drink less coffee than I normally would with a tall and tastes delicious. It has 120 calories per 8 oz serving (size of a soda can) with 85 mg of caffeine (as much as 3 cans of coke or 2 bottles) and 17 grams of sugar. So a bit much on the sugar but I think the low calories and high caffeine definitely make it worth it especially considering the cost of the entire carton is the same as 1 tall latte at an actual Starbucks store. It's chilled, they have 3 flavors: Vanilla Latte, Caramel Macchiato, and Café Mocha. My mom drinks the mocha with ice in it and I drink the latte either by itself (I don't like watered down coffee) or heated up a bit like a normal latte. But either way or flavor I highly recommend these drinks. 
 
 
Hobby- Photography
 
I've always loved taking pictures on my iPhone (took this one in Maui at sunrise on an iPhone 4S) and recently I've started looking at cameras and I'm really getting into photography. It's probably the absolute worst time to do this considering I have absolutely no money to go out and buy a nice camera but it's rumored that the new iPhone coming out Sept. 20th has a 13 MP camera which would be really cool because I will definitely have one and having a nice camera would make me very happy. I love the way we capture the world and there's so many ways to capture the same exact thing that it's an art and maybe since I can't draw to save my life, I really like photography.
 
Book- City of Bones
 
Just finished this book last night even though the movie came out awhile ago. It was really good. I love the typical sci-fi/fantasy books so I really enjoyed this alternative world of Shadowhunters and thought the writing was fairly good. I've seen better but I still thoroughly enjoyed this book. Good storyline and creativity with the characters and how the whole world worked. I'm excited to go see the movie now but I know, as all bookworms do, that it won't be as good.
The best book-movie correlation I think I've seen was Hunger Games. They worked really hard on all of the details and kept to the storyline surprisingly well, cutting out only minor things (though I do wish they would've included how Katniss really got the mockingjay pin) I really love how well they did that movie. What's your favorite book-movie correlation?
 
Social Media- Tumblr
If you're not on Tumblr then I really don't know what you're doing with your life.  Tumblr is so impossibly amazing that it's crazy. Like I can't even describe it's epicness to anyone who isn't on it. It makes me laugh and has some amazing artwork and photography and all kinds of crazy things that just make my day and I wish I was as creative as a lot of the people who post on here. I just love it so much and if you don't have one then you should get one right away because it's just amazing. Simply amazing.

Anyways, those were my absolute favorite things this month but I'm sad that it's September because even though I live in California and it's in the high 90's this week, summer is ending. However that means that fall fashion is almost here which definitely makes me happy.

Leave comments with your August favorites or summer favorites in general and you could see them on next month's monthly loves. Does anyone have a better name than monthly loves I think it sounds kind of corny but I can't think of anything better.

Have a wonderful month,
Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment