Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: Kat Von D lock-it tattoo foundation

Hello there!

Awhile back I posted about a Sephora haul I had went on and I'm finally going to get around to posting some reviews of what I bought. So I'm going to start off today with my liquid foundation which is the Kat Con D lock-it tattoo foundation in the shade Medium 52.


I was skeptical to buy such a new brand but the CMA at Sephora absolutely insisted and she was so right. This foundation has layering covering that even on my worst days makes my severe acne into short, normally colored bumps. If blended correctly, you can't tell that I'm even wearing foundation as it goes on perfectly smooth and won't leave any extra makeup clumps behind.

The material of the foundation is way thicker than I expected, the type that I can turn upside down and it will stay perfectly still, weird but has turned out to be good because there are fewer spills on my part however it can be a bit more difficult to blend in and harder to take off my makeup brush, though oddly not my face.


An added bonus, the bottle is really nice and pretty and it comes with this really convenient pump to get out exactly how much foundation you need. Although this has caused a bit of a mess in my makeup bag, I'm pretty sure it came with a cap that I may or may not have accidentally thrown away...

And one last thing, I bought this over 2 months ago and I still have about 3/4 of the bottle left, I wear makeup I would say 95% of my days and I have lots of acne to cover up so I consider this a very nice quantity even though it costs $35. They have about 17 shades to choose from with all of the different shades and undertones listed which I rather enjoyed.


Overall, I think this was worth the steep-ish price and if my dreadful acne continues, I will happily buy it again. I would gladly recommend the product for it's quality although I don't think it would be that necessary for people who don't have much to cover up.

Anyways, I hope that review was beneficial to someone out there. Have you tried the Kat Von D products, what did you think? Have any suggestions for different liquid foundations to try? I would gladly read any comments left below

Have a Wonderfully Beautiful Day!
Mia B <3



No comments:

Post a Comment