Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wednesday Wishlist- Christmas Decorating



Hello there!

This year I wanted to decorate my own bedroom all Christmasy and I probably will this weekend since I start break on Friday :)

But I have started online shopping for some of the things I want to decorate my room with reasonable prices in mind so here's my list so far!
 

1. The Tree

 
3' Pre-Lit Alberta Spruce Christmas Tree
 
I knew 3 feet (little under a meter) would be nice for my small bedroom corner and I had to get an artificial, I think the smallness of the tree would make it hard to light myself so the pre-lit is nice as well, especially for so cheap
 
2. The Lights
 
 
Warm White Faceted/Smooth LED String Christmas Lights
 
I love the look of Christmas lights though I can't decide between a normal string or some icicle style (where they hang down like above), I'll probably keep them hung year round as well
Does anyone know the difference in appearance of faceted vs. smooth Christmas lights?
 
3. The Ornaments
 
 
50-piece 70mm Ornament Set
 
I'm hanging some on my tree (with candy canes of course) and on my walls like Beth Mota did in her video (bottom picture). I decided on red and gold because they are 2 of my favorite colors and this set specifically because 50 for this price is nice and I loved the variety in it, there's matte, shiny, and glittery ornaments of both colors
 
Now onto the details...
 
I feel like the first 3 cover the good basics but there's a few other crafts and small décor I'd like to get to really bring the room to life.
 
Beth's Box Craft
 
 
Shadow Box Frame: Walmart $8
Christmas Decorative  paper: Target $3
Paint: Michaels $2
Jingle Bells and things inside: Michaels
 
 
Then I'd like to hang some ornaments, snowflakes, wreathes, bows and anything else I can find on my Michaels/Target/Walmart hunt this weekend
 
 
Other than that I think it will really be a lot of finding and thinking about what I could possibly do because I cannot seem to find much else online but I know it's out there... wish me luck!
Stay tuned for the post when I actually tell you about decorating, I'm just so excited I had to share my plans today!
 
What are you doing for Christmas decorations? Tell me in the comments below!
 
Have a Wonderfully Festive Day!
Mia B <3


No comments:

Post a Comment