Friday, November 1, 2013

October Monthly Loves

Hello there!
 
So this hasn't been a terribly exciting month, and has been filled with many challenges however I have still managed to find some new amazing things in the world(of course) so here are my October favorites!
 
1. Liquid foundation
Before I started blogging I thought liquid foundation was solely for those with dry skin and never for those of us with the slightest inkling of oil on our skin. However I have come to realize that this is some hidden gem only for those willing to try it. This new secret has led me to so much, I adore the way it makes my skin looks and as long as you know to put a swipe of powder over it, it can be so wonderful. Even if you don't like too much coverage there is such a way to put on barely any and still love the way it looks. I've got Kat Vonn D's new one from Sephora and although it's a bit thicker than other liquids, I'm genuinely excited by finding out this new thing! (though it's probably not much to get excited about)

2. The Sephora Ultimate Travel Tool Kit
SEPHORA COLLECTION - Ultimate Travel Tool Kit
When I first started out with makeup I bought the absolute cheapest brush available(yes only one). It was a blush brush and I used to put on foundation, this gross powder that made me look pale and sickly. So you can imagine my wonder at these new beautiful soft magical brushes my mom nicely got me. There's a powder, foundation, concelor, shadow, liner, crease, smudger, and brow/lash brush and I absolutely adore them, they work nicely, are fairly durable and are unbelievably soft, perfect for the girl who's in love with traveling. Needless to say I'm in love. However they were $75 so definitely an investment for me. Next time I'll probably go for the real techniques brushes I've been hearing so much about. 

3. Kat Von D Blush
Kat Von D - Everlasting Blush
I found this at Sephora for $30 and while it's a bit steep, I splurged anyways. I've been enjoying it very much and would gladly recommend it. The blush is highly pigmented and shows up well even on my darker olive skin. I generally lead towards coral blushes but I'm really loving this dark pink right now. I'm not sure if I'll buy the same one when it's gone but for now I'm enjoying it. 

4. COLD WEATHER
 
It's here, it's finally here. This is the first week in California that we've had a week where the temperature didn't go above 85!!! I thought I wanted the sun until all I had IN THE MIDDLE OF FALL WAS 90 DEGREE DAYS EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And I'm not kidding at all, but I can't complain that much, there's sun, life is good. But I am happy that I finally get to start wearing my nicer cold clothes

5. Lucky charms
Well it was Froot Loops but apparently it has some cancer-causing dye so I've been banned. However I switched over to lucky charms (the compromises I have to make... ;) and I'm addicted, terribly addicted but what else am I supposed to do for such a portable and easily eaten breakfast? I know, I have a sugar problem...

6. iPhone 5s
I got this in September but I didn't get to blog my September favorites! So now I'm just saying I'm in love, I won't brag because I know so many people want it so badly but to finally have an iPhone again... It's like the heavens have finally opened, rain after a drought... Ok I'll stop

7. Music! 
My personal favorite, I've fallen in love with so much new music lately but I'll just list my October top 3:
 
Let Her Go by Passenger- Alternative:
 
Rise Against by Satellite- Rock:
 
Dear No One by Tori Kelly- Pop:
 
Look at me being all genre-diverse there. I love each one so very much for different reasons and listen to them as much as I can. Rise Against came out years ago but I just discovered it, Dear No One came out a week ago I believe but I have been a fan of Tori Kelly's breathtaking voice for over a year, and I believe Let Her Go came out within the last month or so. Hope you like them too!

Anyways, I hope you all enjoy all of my current obsessions even though I'm typing them on my phone at the dentists office just to calm my dentist-loathing nerves. 

What are your October favorites? Comment below with your post or list of favorites, I'd love to read them!

Have a Wonderfully Beautiful Day (or night...)!
Love, Mia B <3

No comments:

Post a Comment